The EEOST program non-profit small grant application will award grants between $200,000 and $500,000 to large group early education and out of school time programs to offset expenses relating to the following six areas:
- Improvements to Outdoor Play Spaces
- Investment in improvements to heating, air conditioning, and ventilation systems, including windows and Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) equipment
- Reconfiguration of indoor spaces, including classrooms, gross motor rooms, and bathrooms.
- Emergency repairs and system upgrades that impact the health and safety of occupants, including roof replacement, upgrading electrical, and life safety systems. Information Technology upgrades or purchases will not be considered.
- Physical environment modifications, including accessibility or other improvements to support inclusion of children and adults with special needs.
- Security enhancements to prevent and respond to potential threats, such as active shooters, including but not limited to the installation of security cameras and access control systems.